Why The Neutralist? The term Isolationist implies a narrow Fortress America outlook and is used as an epithet. The term Neutralist does not indicate someone hiding out from the world. No one calls the Swiss isolationists. The Wilsonian world view is old, tired and wrong. Our interventions have been less and less successful and now the failure can no longer be covered up.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Neutralist takes Mencius under our protection

I accidentally found that way back in the blog stone age of mid 2009 one of the giants of the blogosphere had linked to me in a post.  Unqualified Reservations, the vehicle of a Mencius Moldbug cited my views on American policy as regards Israel and the Palestinians.  He actually agreed with it.  This is not better than the young Marilyn Monroe asking one to come over for drinks, but I'll take it.

To be honest, I am intimidated by MM (Mencius not Marilyn).  I start reading his offerings and they go on so long that due to laziness or an intellectual deficit, I stop.  They are always intriguing and easy to start, but mea culpa, I can't keep up.

Never the less, if someone of his qualities mentions me favorably, he has my loyalty.  I don't care if the next week he trashes me, The Neutralist is nothing if he is not a nepotist.  So watch out.


No comments: